- Graduate jobs
- Young Professional Vacancies( 1-3 years experience )
- Business Courses
- Startup Vacancies
- Thesis help
|Duration in months||
>> View all
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
We are looking for someone with a background in either mechanical or electrical engineering, who can stand their ground and want to be part of a very important project within Procurement Engineering in Consumer Lifestyle. This is a relatively new team within Philips and you can be a part of building it up.
Procurement Engineering covers the in-depth understanding of the product context ‘End to End’. Procurement Engineering links the innovative power of the supply base to the business needs. They involve the suppliers in new product creation process steps. Procurement engineers understand the business, the supply base and have a good understanding of the costs and value tradeoffs.
You are directly connected to one of the Procurement Executives within Philips. We offer you a role with great responsibility in a corporate environment where you get the chance to accelerate your own growth.
· Procurement engineer in DFx conventions, contributing in own area of expertise (mechanical or electrical engineering). Tear down products, make costs estimates and value/cost tradeoffs. This requires business acumen, engineering skills and teamwork.
· Track identified improvements opportunities in a structured way. Ensure ideas reach realization.
· Contribute to the development of an effective set of cost models to track “target cost” status for assigned product.
· Maintain updates to the costs for assigned product/module and ensure that cost models are up to date and information is available as required.
· Identify opportunities in the new product design process through target costing at component level, and monitoring data sources to improve the design decision making.
· Support price negotiations with fact-based information and opportunities to drive short term product cost reduction improvement.
· Create the benchmark power point presentations based on excellent MS Office skills and your strategic insights understanding the Procurement inputs and terminology
· Analyze and improve current processes and ways of working
· Deliver results in a “make it happen” attitude
· Drive the content in a collaborative way
You will be part of the Philips Procurement team working for Consumer Lifestyle, and cooperate closely with Procurement Engineers.
We offer exposure in a strategic position in a very dynamic business. The opportunity to shape and direct high impact business strategies will be offered. In addition, Philips offers you excellent career development possibilities.
This is a non-thesis assignment
Duration: 6 months
We prefer students able to start as soon as possible, but not later than March 2015
· Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
· A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
Currently studying towards your University Master of science WO (Msc.) in:
o Engineering Electrical
o Engineering Mechanical
Strong analytical, problem solving skills combined with a strong business sense and a drive for business impact;
Understanding the basic principles of Executing Cost Down projects;
Understanding the basic principles of Cost Engineering;
Understanding the basic principles of the materials / goods flow;
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with senior level management;
Ability to manage and organize both your own work as well as projects and senior executive meetings;
An open and global oriented work mentality, combined with a true self-starter character which will contribute to the overall team;
Outstanding knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint);
Solid spoken and written English skills;
Good communication skills (verbal and writing);
Strong self-drive and high energy.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply 09-02-2015 at the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact: (you can only apply via the internet website)
Tel: +31 (0)6 21142035
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||