- Graduate jobs
- Young Professional Vacancies( 1-3 years experience )
- Business Courses
- Startup Vacancies
- Thesis help
|Duration in months||
>> View all
HBO & WO
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
Philips is operating in a highly regulated environment with around 12 different compliance areas being applicable, covering Sarbanes-Oxley (SOx), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Security, Privacy, Supply Chain Security, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) etc, depending on the type of process, data and geography. Along with business transformation, Philips is also going through a redesign and transformation on how we comply and how we embed compliance into our processes.
EIM (Enterprise Information Management) is a newly set up Function at Philips Corporate level- to leverage the power of data & information for Business benefits. The challenge is to embed compliance into the information management work and (master) data management processes in as lean a manner as possible at the same time covering the compliance requirements sufficiently.
The main part of the work is to coordinate, with the compliance domain owners / experts, the compliance reviews and embed the compliance requirements into the data management processes being designed by EIM in an efficient manner. Another main aspect of this role is to work with EIM internal and external stakeholders from the compliance and process areas in achieving this task. References to external standards may also be required to get an outside in view.
The business outcome of this internship assignment is to have compliant data management processes. An additional outcome could be to develop a generic catalog of compliance requirements applicable to data management together with a process on how to implement these controls across the information management areas.
You will part of a dynamic and fast paced environment as part of the EIM team which is in charge of the information management across Philips. Within EIM, you will be part of a team of the processes, standards and compliance team. The role has further strong interactions with compliance departments across Philips. Your input, interaction, and enthusiasm will be key to your development.
This is a practical internship which combines various aspects such as process development, compliance, etc. It also gives an opportunity to be part of a dynamic business team with an opportunity to interact with various levels of management.
· It can be discussed to make this internship suitable to perform your graduation/thesis
· Duration: At least 6 months
· We prefer students able to start as soon as possible, no later than January/February 2015
· Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
· A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
· A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
· The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
· Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
Currently studying towards your Bachelor HBO (BBA) / University Bachelor of Science/Master of science WO (Bsc./Msc.) in:
o Business Informatics
o Business Administration
o Computer Sciences
o Information Security
· Are fluent in English, verbal and written.
· Have strong analytics skills
· Possess good communications skills, decisive and self-initiating
· Are a team player with positive attitude
· Possess a “Can do” mentality and have a strong desire to succeed.
· Desired knowledge of process design, information security, compliance and / or lean
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person who is willing to take initiative and go that extra mile. Having knowledge about security, compliance and/or process design is a plus for this role. Also in the soft skills section, it would be preferred to have someone who is a very good communicator and is able to work with various stakeholders of different levels.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply by 22-10-2014 at the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact: (you can only apply via the internet website)
Tel: +31 (0)6 21142035
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||