- Graduate jobs
- Young Professional Vacancies( 1-3 years experience )
- Business Courses
- Startup Vacancies
- Thesis help
|Duration in months||
Duration in months max:
>> View all
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
When a product’s life ends, how do we introduce its successor, while at the same time prepare and inform our consumers about it well enough?
Philips Lighting Business Group Automotive (Lean Operations and Supply Chain) is looking for a highly energetic and talented, customer oriented student who can help Philips analyze and improve the procedure of product phasing-in/ phasing-out. Since the process is part of the Supply Chain performance, your main challenge will be to research and find out whether we have sufficient control over the process; how it is currently executed and what kind of improvements we still need to apply.
· Develop a clear performance measure on a cross-functional level (R&D, Order, Sales, Supply Chain etc.) which shows how we should operate the phase-in and phase-out processes
· Identify consequences of product introductions and product deletions for the supply chain and create process how these consequences can be controlled and managed.
· Analyze the problem and describe its weakest points which could negatively influence the Supply Chain performance.
· We expect from you a detailed analysis of the phase-in/phase-out process within the organization and a list of improvements and recommendations to be applied (with a pilot in LATAM).
· Set up a process to embed product lifecycle management in the supply chain.
The goal of this internship is to help you to improve your research and business skills in a driving professional environment.
BG Automotive consists of three main Categories: Automotive Lamps, Mobility and Automotive LED, which are responsible for developing, engineering, producing and selling world class lighting products.
You will be part of an international and highly motivated team with independent-minded colleagues who will create a platform for knowledge management and enable the exchange of best practices. The team is located in Eindhoven in the High Tech Campus, close to stakeholders, suppliers and customers. You will report to the Operations Manager of Philips Lighting BG Automotive.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunity for you to explore, learn and develop your research and business skills.
· This internship is suitable for a graduation thesis (must be discussed with internship coordinator)
· Duration: between 6 and 9 months.
· You should be able to start in January 2015.
· Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
· A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
· A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
· The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
· Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
Currently studying for your WO (Master of science) degree in:
o Supply Chain Management
o (International) Business Management
o Business economics/ Research degree
In addition we are looking for someone with the following competencies:
· Strong analytical skills and logical thinking
· Ability to execute a deep research on the given topic
· Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and SharePoint.
· Fluent in English, whereas an additional language is an advantage
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing)
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply 11-11-2014 at the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact: (you can only apply via the internet website)
Tel: +31 (0)6 21142035
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||