- Graduate jobs
- Young Professional Vacancies( 1-3 years experience )
- Business Courses
- Startup Vacancies
- Thesis help
|Duration in months||
>> View all
HBO & WO
UNStudio. MAD Architects. Zaha Hadid. Asymptote.
Do we have your attention? If so, you may be the right candidate for an internship exploring parametric design techniques at Philips Lighting.
We are seeking an intern to join a small team working within a venture setting to explore the integration of decorative patterns of light in architectural panel systems. You will be challenged to use your architectural design talent and hacking skills to research and explore potential new wall systems created using parametric design and digital fabrication technologies. You will help us craft a vision of the future for incorporating luminous surfaces into these innovative architectural paneling systems.
During your internship you will have two key areas of responsibility, one rooted in the present and one exploring the future:
· In partnership with a graphic design intern, you will develop parametric techniques for applying luminous features, geometric patterns and 2D graphics across multi-panel wall surfaces.
o You will sketch and mockup a parametric visualization and specification tool for our current wall panel products.
o You will help us understand and define the true scope of development for such a tool.
· You will explore what the future will hold for incorporating luminous features into innovative interior wall paneling systems, using BIM, parametric design techniques, and digital fabrication.
o You will explore how we could implement patterns of light into complex surfaces, including ruled + compound curved surfaces, faceted surfaces, tiled surfaces, etc.
o You will use software such as Rhino + Grasshopper to explore potential ways to detail and fabricate such wall surfaces
o You will create stunning renderings of these system concepts that we can show to potential customers
You will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team of people building a newly created corporate venture within Philips Lighting called Luminous Patterns. Think of it as a start-up within a large company. The venture is focused on the integration of decorative architectural surfaces with embedded patterns of light.
You will see the growth of a venture from close-by via working in our team. You will see the different aspects of corporate venturing in general and get very interesting design challenges in particular to further hone your skills. Your contributions can directly influence the venture’s success.
The internship will be split between office locations in Amsterdam and Eindhoven. We offer flexible working hours.
· It can be discussed to make this internship assignment suitable to do your thesis
· Duration: 5 months
· We prefer students able to start in January 2015
· Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
· A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
· A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
· The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
· Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you to be:
Currently studying towards your Bachelor HBO (BBA) / Bachelor of Science/Master of science WO (Bsc./Msc.) in:
o Interior Design
o Architectural Technologies
o Advanced design research programs in architecture/construction
· Passionate for creating innovative architectural forms, which are rich in patterns and graphic elements. You have a sharp eye for what is contemporary, trending, and “hot”.
· Motivated, creative and pro-active: You are able to take direction from the team leader and manage your own assignments, juggling between different projects with a mix of priorities.
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (required). You are proficient in at least one parametric modeling system such as Rhino+Grasshopper or equivalent (required). You are proficient in solid modeling (a plus).
· Proficient in creating physical study models, proof of concepts, etc.
· Fluent in oral and written English.
A successful candidate will have a carefully fashioned portfolio filled with excellent examples of sketching, form explorations, architectural drawings, parametrically-developed designs, and architectural renderings. A focus on vector graphics and geometric patterns is a plus. And your portfolio must express your excellent presentation layout abilities.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply 21-10-2014 at the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
· Portfolio (pfd or internet link)
You are allowed to combine your Cover Letter and Resume into one document
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact: (you can only apply via the internet website)
Tel: +31 (0)6 21142035
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||