- Graduate jobs
- Young Professional Vacancies( 1-3 years experience )
- Business Courses
- Startup Vacancies
- Thesis help
>> View all
Your challenge, and our challenge, is to turn science into a consumer product. The science we are working on is cutting edge electro-fluidic technology: electric fields to control the ion content inside a water stream, at the crossroads of chemistry and physics. We believe this technology can reach consumer mass market in a few years, but only if the remaining technical hurdles can be solved.
We are looking for a student to help us with experimental work. At your disposal is a state-of-the-art experimental infrastructure for accurately controlled measurements, and an electro-fluidic device platform that can be adjusted to multiple configurations. Can you perform the right measurements? And, come up with the specific configuration and operating conditions that result in the desired performance, for a range of water compositions?
With proper coaching we expect you will be able to master a way of working, in which you perform measurements, analyze and interpret the results, present these with clear conclusions and actionable recommendations. We are looking for a student that can bridge the two worlds, connecting scientific insights to practical applicability.
You will become part of a team of researchers and technologists, experienced in device physics/chemistry, materials & processing, and numerical modeling. The internship is within the Philips Research organization, situated at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
We will give you the opportunity to apply your talents, and by coaching grow your skills and knowledge and you will get a front-row experience of turning science into new consumer products.
• It can be discussed to make this assignment suitable to do your thesis
• Duration: minimum of 5 months
• We prefer students able to start as soon as possible, not later than April 2015
• Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
• A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
• A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
• The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
• Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
• Currently studying towards your Master of science WO (Msc.) in:
• Show an engaged
• Structured mindset
• Work independently
• perform experimental work accurately, with critical attitude and eye for detail
• Fluent in English
If you are interested in this internship, click below for more information.
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||