- Graduate jobs
- Young Professional Vacancies( 1-3 years experience )
- Business Courses
- Startup Vacancies
- Thesis help
|Duration in months||
>> View all
HBO & WO
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
You will be part of a small team working within a venture setting to launch a new type of decorative lighting: The integration of decorative patterns of light in architectural panel systems. You will be challenged to use your graphic design talent and skills to create new geometries, patterns and assist in web development and product photography to help us through the various stages of making our product ready to go to market. Also we will invite you to create concepts worth pursuing after initial product launch.
During your internship you will enrich the visual appeal of the products themselves by generating unique new patterns and geometries of light points and by creating material and graphic overlay combinations that complement a wide variety of interior design aesthetics.
You will help us market the product by supporting our website development, managing photography and setting up product configuration sequences. And you will help us service our customers by developing pilot installations to help us prove the potential of our concept.
You will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team of people building a newly created corporate venture within Philips Lighting called Luminous Patterns. Think of it as a start-up within a large company. The venture is focused on the integration of decorative architectural surfaces with embedded patterns of light.
You will see the growth of a venture from close-by via working in our team. You will see the different aspects of corporate venturing in general and get very interesting design challenges in particular to further hone your skills. Your contributions can directly influence the venture’s success.
The internship will be split between office locations in Amsterdam and Eindhoven. We offer flexible working hours.
It can be discussed to make this internship assignment suitable to do your thesis
Duration: 5 months
We prefer students able to start in January 2015
· Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
· A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
· A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
· The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
· Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
· Currently studying towards your Bachelor HBO (BBA) / Bachelor of Science/Master of science WO (Bsc./Msc.) in:
o Graphics Design
o Graphics Illustration
o Industrial Design
o Architecture or Interior Design
· Have a passion for creating graphics, patterns and illustrations. You have a sharp eye for what is contemporary, trending, and “hot”.
· Have a carefully fashioned portfolio filled with excellent examples of sketching, vector graphics, geometric compositions, patterns, web design and page layouts. Your portfolio expresses your excellent and passionate presentation layout abilities.
· Are motivated, creative and pro-active: You are able to take direction from the team leader and manage your own assignments, juggling between different projects with a mix of priorities.
· Are proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (required).
· Are fluent in oral and written English
· Have some previous experience with working with suppliers, design agencies, marketing agencies, etc. (is a plus)
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply 21-10-2014 at the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
· Portfolio (pfd or internet link)
You are allowed to combine your Cover Letter and Resume into one document
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact: (you can only apply via the internet website)
Tel: +31 (0)6 21142035
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||