- Graduate jobs
- Young Professional Vacancies( 1-3 years experience )
- Business Courses
- Startup Vacancies
- Thesis help
|Duration in months||
Duration in months max:
>> View all
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
Have you ever felt that the developers of a product you bought did not include the best possible combination of product features? It is likely that they had to make value / cost trade-offs that resulted in the product you bought. Now, you have the chance to directly contribute to the optimization of customer value and costs across the range of Philips products, services and solutions!
Design for eXcellence (DfX) is a Philips wide program that aims to reach an optimal customer value by making data-driven value and cost trade-offs based on market and customer input in a multidisciplinary cross functional setting. In this setting, important function like Marketing, Development, Quality, Operations and Procurement collaborate and challenge each other to reach clever and valuable design solutions at the best possible direct costs and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Within Philips, a range of sourcing initiatives have been earmarked as candidates for a DfX focused convention to redesign products, services and solutions with a fresh look from different functions in a series of pressure cooker workshops. The outcome: improved value for our customers and lower cost for our organization. Both project management and stakeholder management are required.
· You expected to:
o Support the build-up & lead in qualifying the value optimization opportunities, in order to select those that will contribute most to Philips,
o Design and build the needed global training tools that are needed to support any DfX in any sector
o Participate in the different workshops and support the DfX Project Management Office (PMO) in creating more transparent reporting and in-depth analyzes of the different DfX value and process optimization opportunities within Philips.
o Analyze the progress of the overall DfX program and the savings resulting from the program, assuring the right level of management summaries and qualitative reviews, and additionally propose, implement and support improvements while running the planning.
o Analyze the needed communication and create content for communication for a Philips wide collaboration; including reports up to the top level within Philips.
You expected to take a leading role in this project to help build the rationale underpinning the need to change and to define what the required organizational changes and implementation timelines are.
Design for eXcellence program is a pioneer program in Philips aimed at providing Philips with 1Billion Euro savings. DfX is placed as a strategic initiative in Philips Procurement directly under the leadership of Senior Vice President, Royal Philips and under the guidance of the Chief Procurement Officer, Royal Philips. All interns are mentored directly under the guidance of Leader of Design for eXcellence program, keeping a shortest line to the senior management in the organization. DfX enables the cross-functional interaction in businesses and provides for opportunities to present various innovations and ideas. It promotes multidisciplinary teams taking a fresh look at re-designing a particular product, service and solutions in a series of high intensity structured strategic ideation workshops in which no stone will be left unturned to help achieve a better outcome for Philips.
It can be discussed to make this assignment suitable to do your thesis
We prefer students able to start as soon as possible, not later than January / February 2015
· Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
· A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
· A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
· The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
· Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
Currently studying towards your University Bachelor of Science/Master of science WO (Bsc./Msc.) in:
o Business Administrations
o Business Economics
o (International) Business Management
o Industrial Design
o Management Sciences
o Supply Chain Management
· We are looking for people with a high level of abstraction on business, but that also can dive deep in problem solving on business aspects; ability for coaching; ability for communication; ability for training; we rather prefer extrovert persons then introvert persons. Ability for quick introduction and self-supporting
· English in conversation and writing is a must
· Business general principles
· Stakeholder management
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply 18-12-2014 at the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact: (you can only apply via the internet website)
Tel: +31 (0)6 21142035
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||