- Graduate jobs
- Young Professional Vacancies( 1-3 years experience )
- Business Courses
- Startup Vacancies
- Thesis help
|Duration in months||
>> View all
Operations is the front line of defence for Morgan Stanley’s financial well-being. One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology
to realise the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually seek ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The Operations Industrial Placement Programme is aimed at students in their penultimate year of university who are studying a sandwich course that involves a year in industry. The Programme runs annually, beginning in June. Students are placed in roles based on feedback from the interview process, their interests and the current business needs. Industrial Placement students will have support and supervision from experienced Operations professionals throughout their assignments.
In London, training begins with a Firmwide induction along with peers from other divisions of the Firm. This is followed by two days of classroom-based training covering product and industry knowledge, personal effectiveness, technical training and team-building activities. Industrial Placement students will also receive considerable on-the-job training as well as a series of “Lunch & Learns,” networking events, mentoring and work-shadowing opportunities. In Glasgow, similar training and events take place.
• Trade capture, enrichment and confirmation, position reconciliation: Learn key processes in the life cycle of a trade from deal capture to the final settlement, and then identify and resolve trading breaks from discrepancies dealing with security information, trading date and settlement date, executed quantity, taxes, commission, prices and settlement locations.
• Data mining, business analysis, modeling/reporting and documentation: Preparation and compilation of daily/weekly/monthly metric dashboards to ensure thorough business analysis.
• System testing: Use systems effectively and efficiently to mitigate risk and develop strong relationships with IT colleagues to design, develop and test/implement technology platforms to deliver solutions to business requirements.
• Teamwork: Collaborate with team members of all levels to complete daily tasks, share market and systems knowledge, develop best practice methodologies and approaches for business analysis, issue follow-up
• Developing relationships with clients (i.e., counterparties, traders, origination, Legal, Credit, IT and controllers) to understand the priorities of stakeholders to ensure that business needs are met, protect client confidentiality and address ad-hoc requests in a timely fashion.
• You are a penultimate-year undergraduate student with outstanding academic achievements, and are on track for a minimum 2.1 honours degree or equivalent.
• You have analytical and problem-solving skills to understand and evaluate complex information quickly.
• You have project management skills with strong attention to detail.
• You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• You are a team player and client-service oriented.
To apply click on the button 'Lees Meer & Aanmelden'! Deadline for applications is 1 December. Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as we recruit on an ongoing basis.
|Number of countries||