- Graduate jobs
- Young Professional Vacancies( 1-3 years experience )
- Business Courses
- Startup Vacancies
- Thesis help
|Placement type||Final Internships|
|Duration in months||
Duration in months max:
>> View all
Currently, we are experimenting with self-learning algorithms in credit loss prediction, with encouraging results. Therefore, we are looking for three highly skilled students that will help us to develop a text mining framework with academic research to enable future success.
Within the banking industry risk management had been transformed over the past decade, largely due to regulations that arose from the financial crisis. At ABN AMRO we believe that risk management could undergo even more change in the next decade. Trends that shape the risk function of ABN AMRO come from many directions. Within Credit Risk & Modelling we focus on evolving technology and advanced analytics, such as machine learning, that are enabling new risk management techniques. Currently, we are experimenting with self-learning algorithms in credit loss prediction, with encouraging results. Therefore, we are looking for three highly skilled students that will help us to develop a text mining framework with academic research to enable future success.
Within Credit Risk & Modelling there are three challenging internship assignments:
This program offers a challenging, high-demanding, 4 to 6-month internship in the area of text mining, natural language processing and machine learning, as part of a complex world.
The assignment will offer the opportunity to carry heavy responsibilities. We require students to actively participate in the team in order to grow and share their knowledge and expertise, and to develop their interpersonal skills, while providing sufficient opportunities to write a high quality thesis.
Do you think you’re a good fit? Check out your profile:
- Quantitative academic education (Master’s degree) in a relevant field, like econometrics, mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, physics or data science related;
- Interest and experience in text mining, data mining and machine learning;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Some experience in modern programming languages (Matlab, Python, R) and/ or statistical software (SAS);
- Able to work under high pressure;
- Well versed in both Dutch and English, written and spoken.
We offer various intellectual challenges that would qualify for thesis subjects - the list below is a selection but could be covering topics in the fields of Data Science, mathematics or econometrics, ect.
- Design and implement text mining or machine learning techniques that allows the new function to quickly achieve its ambitious targets
- How to formally structure statistical models of natural language
- Supervised sequence labelling with recurrent neural networks
ABN AMRO attaches great importance to personal development. It’s why the bank gives you a lot of responsibility and scope for entrepreneurship. The essence of this approach is that you develop at the bank into the professional that you want to be. You will work with a group of people with the same drive and vision. It's a way of exceeding everybody's expectations, even your own expectations.
So seize this opportunity to develop into the professional you aspire to be.
|Number of countries||
|Employee in NL||