- Graduate jobs
- Young Professional Vacancies( 1-3 years experience )
- Business Courses
- Startup Vacancies
- Thesis help
>> View all
|Minimum years of experience||
Minimum years of experience:
Europe is a significant contributor to the overall global Unilever business ( ca 25% of the global 48 billion € turnover). All product categories (Foods, Refreshment, Home Care Personal Care), drive major innovation programs to ensure that the wider EU market capitalises on growth opportunities. These innovation projects require appropriate regulatory support, in claims innovation, in advocacy and compliance.
Although Europe has been driving for a common internal market, it is still faced with a complex regulatory environment, with frequent regulatory changes and increasing demands on companies to ensure regulatory compliance of their products and operations.
Regulatory Affairs (RA) is a critical functional capability based in Unilever Research & Development (R&D) that consists of over 200 Regulatory Affairs professionals around the globe, operating across the wider Unilever business in global, regional and local Regulatory Affairs roles. Regulatory issues inherently have many aspects: scientific, technical, legal, enforcement, public affairs and external relations. Regulatory Affairs operates across all of these interfaces and combines regulatory expertise with relevant product and process knowledge.
The role of the Regulatory Affairs capability is to understand and influence the development and implementation of rules and regulations related to all of Unilevers product categories, delivering the business continued freedom to operate with their existing product portfolio and allowing all innovations to land according to plan in all selected markets.
The Regulatory Affairs – European Product Compliance Specialist will deliver support to all categories (Foods, Refreshment, Home Care, Personal Care) and report to the Regulatory Affairs European Product Compliance Manager. The incumbent will be part of the European Regulatory Affairs team which consists of some 45 people based in 21 countries. Close collaboration will also take place with the Global Product Compliance team. The role is based in Vlaardingen and is co-located with part of the European Regulatory Affairs team and part of the RA Global Product Compliance team as well as part of the global category RA team.
The RA – EU Product Compliance Specialist role focuses on:
• Assessing compliance of current and future portfolio in Europe, especially in case of regulatory change
• Advising RDC and European Local Deploy on products regulatory compliance, as well as European RA colleagues on foods innovations/renovations projects
• Supporting the RA EU Product Compliance Manager in driving a fully compliant European product portfolio at all times
Key responsibilities specific to the role:
• Provide regulatory compliance inputs for the implementation of Home & Personal Care and Foods & Refreshments innovations/renovations projects for Europe (including import/export and post-merger integration)
• Be part of European RA networks for a European view on regulatory acceptability for specific projects and contribute to finding and implementing solutions for (multi-country) projects (incl answering internal requests)
• Liaise with Global Product Compliance team as well as with EU category RA managers on European interpretations of current and new regulations (e.g. EFSA assessments, REACH)
• Supports Category RA managers in their specific (compliance/innovation/advocacy) data requirements (e.g. impact assessment of changing / new regulatory proposals).
• Support on time in full submission and maintenance of European regulatory dossiers and/or notifications / registrations (e.g. Food Information to Consumers (FIC), Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), Biocidal Product Regulation (BPR), Classification & Labelling of Products (CLP), Cosmetics Regulation (CosReg)
• Supports post-merger integrations in Europe
• Support European compliance document management (e.g, related to REACH, Food Contact Materials, Product Information files) using/maintaining RA IT systems; modifies/restructures where appropriate.
• Works with consultants on (selected) compliance tasks
• Support response to compliance challenges (e.g. complaints from Authorities)
• Degree (BSc/MSc) in relevant scientific subject (food and/or chemical, regulatory affairs)
• Relevant experience within a FMCG environment with expertise in regulatory affairs
• Relevant experience in an innovation process
• Expertise in European legislation and regulations
• Assessing regulatory impact on the current portfolio
• Product regulatory knowledge, incl. production processes
• Existing regulatory affairs (foods and/or HPC) knowledge / experience would be a distinct advantage
• Good communication and teamwork skills, and a willingness to work in international teams
• Ambitious to deliver the best quality in a timely manner
• Ability to work in autonomy, Quick learner
• Must be fluent in English
• Accountability & Responsibility
• Consumer & Customer focus
• Bias for Action
We offer you a dynamic environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together. There are good opportunities to pursue your professional and personal goals and develop yourself on national and international level.
|Employee in NL||